Location: Barletta (Italy)
Date: September 7-11, 2020
The Summer School has a duration of 1 week. It will start at 9.00 AM on Monday and will end by 5.30 PM on Friday.
The course will involve daily sessions, with a 4-hours theory session in the morning and a 2.5-hours practical session in the afternoon.
List of topics
- Generalized Regression Models, Endogeneity Issues; Intro to Time Series (TS)
- Limited Dependent Variables (LDV); Panel Data (PD) Models
- Advanced topics 1 on LDV and PD (e.g. Hedonic Price, Score Matching, Regression Discontinuity)
- Advanced topics 2 on LDV and PD (e.g. Quantile Regressions, Meta-Regression Analysis)
- Advanced topics 3 on PD and TS (e.g. PVAR, Cointegration, Threshold Models, Quantile Autoregression)
- Understand basic econometrics
- Model economic problems related to the agri-food sector
- Critically assess econometric analyses related to the agri-food sector
- Understand advanced topics in applied econometrics for the agri-food sector
Requirements and ECTS
Participants who will attend at least 50% of the activities and will hand in and pass with merit the 2 take-home exams at the end of practical sessions on day 2 and day 4 will receive the Certificate of Attendance, which in turn makes them eligible to obtain 4 credits.